The City of Monroe has numerous parks and trails available to the public. View descriptions and photos our parks and trails or view our parks and trails map.
Park Use Policies
- All parks and park facilities are open to the public, free of any charge, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Picnic areas and shelters may be reserved in advance by obtaining a Park Reservation Permit at City Hall. Large groups may need a Special Event Permit.
- Athletic fields may be reserved in advance by applying for an "Athletic Field Use Permit" at City Hall. There are fees associated with the reservation of athletic fields. The amount of the fees depends on the intensity of the intended use and/or resulting additional field maintenance.
General Park Use Rules
- Alcohol and drug use is prohibited anywhere in the City parks or on City facilities, such as trails and open spaces.
- Parking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Vehicular traffic is limited to 10 mph on park roads.
- It is unlawful to shoot, fire, or explode any firearm, firework or explosive of any kind.
- Park users must obey all City of Monroe signage including rules pertaining to individual park features and signage prohibiting the use of athletic fields that have been prepared for reserved use.
- Park users are expected to stay out of landscaped areas and flower beds.
For complete information on the Park Code (Chapter 9.28) visit the Monroe Municipal Code.
Lake Tye Park