1) What year were you elected, and re-elected if applicable, to the City Council?
2) List any local or regional Boards/Committees/Organizations that you are currently or formerly a member of, or volunteer for. These do not need to be related to your Council position.
Monroe Parks Board, Monroe Library Board, Economic Development Advisory Board, Imagine Monroe Sounding Board
Trustee and Past-President of Monroe Historical Society
Coordinator of Historic Homes Tours and Heritage Tree Program
Founding member of coalition to relocate WWII monument from Memorial Field to create new Veterans Monument at Lake Tye.
3) How long have you lived in Monroe? If you are not a Monroe native, what brought you here?
I have lived in Monroe since 2006. I was attracted to Monroe’s history, beauty and its access to recreational opportunities in the Cascade Mountains. My husband, Cletus, is a teacher at Park Place Middle School, and our son graduated from Monroe High School in 2013.
4) What is your professional background/experience/passion?
My career is in journalism, public relations and communications. I have worked as a newspaper reporter, editor, public relations and publicity manager for a variety of organizations including the City of Shoreline, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Snohomish County, University of Washington, Port of Seattle and currently, Lynden Incorporated in Seattle. I am also a Cross Country and Track Coach and Substitute Teacher for the Monroe School District.
My passions include keeping the free press free, preserving local history, structures and trees, and creating outdoor spaces and activities to encourage people of all ages to unplug and get outside.
5) What are your hobbies or interests?
Hiking, skiing, running, playing piano, board games and crossword puzzles, live music, movies and reading.
6) Anything else you would like to include?
I am grateful for the opportunity to represent the citizens of Monroe. My goal over the next four years is to foster a spirit of community where everyone feels heard, accepted and safe.