Department News and capital projects
Browse through our monthly department newsletters for Parks and Recreation news and information.
Parks, Recreation and Open Space (PROS) Plan
Since 1975, the City of Monroe has engaged in park planning. Every six years, the PROS Plan is updated as a requirement of the State Growth Management Act (GMA) and to be eligible to apply for and receive state and federal grant funding. The PROS Plan is scheduled to be next updated in 2020. The update process will include a careful examination of community recreational needs. Input from local residents, businesses and organizations will be collected through surveys and meetings to generate goals and policy actions for the updated PROS Plan. Check here for news and updates.
Lake Tye Park and Cadman Master Plans
During 2018 the City of Monroe created two long‐range master plans for Lake Tye Park and the Cadman Site. The plans were based on an extensive public involvement process, and would help define the future of these parks. We would like to thank the community for their active participation in this process.
- Community Survey Results
- Pop-Up Studio Display Boards
- Pop-Up Studio Event Photos
- Preliminary Plan Features and Programming Concepts
- Vision & Ideas – Cadman Site and Lake Tye
- Concept Alternatives – Cadman Site and Lake Tye
- Pop-Up Comment Summary & Plans
- Preliminary Concepts Presentation to City Council & Park Board - September 26
- Preliminary Concepts Presentation to City Council & Park Board - October 24
- Lake Tye Park and Cadman Master Plans FINAL