Wiggly Field Off-Leash Dog Park
- Agility Equipment
- Dog Drinking Fountain
- Drinking Fountain
- Garbage Cans
- Parking Lot
- Welcome / Rule Signs
Wiggly Field is Monroe’s very own dog park located at the South end of Skykomish River Park, that was created and built by volunteers in partnership with the City of Monroe in 2009. The dog park is approximately 2.5 acres with dog agility equipment, shade trees and a small covered shelter for dogs and people to cool off. The park is fenced along the north side by an 8-foot high chain link fence with the remaining sides fenced with a 4-foot split rail fence with wire mesh added during the summer months to deter small dogs from wandering out of bounds. The lower fence and style was specifically designed to withstand annual flooding of the Skykomish River during winter months (roughly October through April). The design keeps costs down and minimizes fence damage due to flooding events.
Wiggly Field Rules
- Owners of dogs in designated off-leash areas must be present at all times within vocal control distance of their dogs, and ensure that their dogs do not cause public nuisance, safety hazard or harass people, other dogs or wildlife.
- Dogs that exhibit dangerous or aggressive behavior; biting, fighting and excessive barking are not allowed. If your dog becomes unruly or plays rough, you must leash it and leave immediately.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times when outside the off-leash area.
- Dogs must wear a collar with identification, current dog license and current rabies tag at all times. Under NO circumstances may an owner bring a sick dog into the park (severe runny nose/eyes, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.).
- No more than 3 dogs per adult are allowed in the off-leash area at any one time.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in off-leash area.
- Puppies younger than four months of age are not allowed in off-leash area.
- Owners must carry equipment for removing dog waste.
- Owners are responsible for removing all of their dog’s feces by sealing it in a plastic bag and disposing of it in designated trash receptacles.
- Use at your own risk. Owners are legally responsible and liable for their dogs and any injury or damage caused by their dogs. The City of Monroe is not liable for any injury or damage caused by dogs.
- Children must be supervised by adult guardian.
- Keep dogs from digging holes. Owners are to fill holes dug by their dogs prior to leaving the area.
- Owners are responsible for providing water for their dogs. If the owner fails to provide water, the liability for pet health falls upon the owner.
- Please refer to Monroe Municipal Code Chapter 9.28 for additional park rules information.
- Owners who see unattended dogs or other rule violations should call 911.
- Always carry a leash (if you need it, you have it).
- Please help keep the area clean by picking up any visible dog feces. Even responsible pet owners get distracted.
- Off-leash areas are shared for a variety of activities so please be respectful of other users (eg. large breed & small breed groupings). Keep your dog controlled and from interfering with other people and their dogs (especially the leashed ones).
- Remember, you are fully responsible for your dog and his actions