St. Vincent de Paul is the first agency to apply to the City to host a Vehicle Resident Safe Parking area. As the site manager, St. Vincent de Paul proposes, among other criteria noted in its code of conduct to:
• Allow unhoused parents with children, or families with children who are working with partnering Service providers, Monroe Police, Scout program, Monroe Fire Department, and McKinney Vento Liaison to participate in overnight parking within a gated area on its property.
• Allow nightly parking (7 days a week) from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. (no exceptions).
• Impose quiet hours from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
• Expect respectful behavior between participants and support staff.
• Prohibit weapons (e.g., firearms, knives), alcohol, marijuana, illegal drugs and controlled substances.
• Prohibit guests/visitors other than partnering service providers if needed, and emergency services.
• Participate in case management to work through barriers to get into permanent housing.
• Provide Coordinated entry enrollment.
• Check guests in and out upon arrival and departure of premises with signature provided.
• Offer Volunteer hours for the opportunity to receive on the job training at the St Vincent de Paul Community Resource Center and St Vincent de Paul Thrift Store.
• Provide electronic devices for participants to use for job applications, state assistance applications, and house hunting, during office hours of 10:00-4:00 Monday-Friday.
Failure to comply with the code of conduct and city regulations may result in a warning and possible parking restriction.