Traffic Infraction Hearings:
All traffic hearings scheduled between March 16, 2020 and April 24, 2020 requiring a personal appearance are stricken and cases will be reset to a calendar after April 24, 2020. New hearing notices will be mailed by the Court. Hearings currently calendared for appearance on a written by-mail statement pursuant to IRLJ 3.5 will continue to be heard. The time for hearing provisions as set out in IRLJ 2.6 are suspended. Anyone who receives a notice of infraction is still required to respond to the notice of infraction within fifteen (15) days of the date the notice is personally served or, if the notice is served or, if the notice is served by mail, within eighteen (18) days of the date the notice is mailed.
- Arraignments: Arrainments for DUI/Physical Control, Domestic Violence and Violation of Court Orders will continue to be heard. All other arraignments will be continued until after April 24, 2020. New hearing notices will be mailed by the Court. The Time for Arraignment provisions of CrRLJ 4.1 are suspended until further Order of the Court.
- All criminal motions currently calendared are stricken and may be re-noted after April 24, 2020. The Court may consider Motions to Quash bench warrants ex-parte and waive quash fees.
- All criminal cases currently pending are continued until after April 24, 2020. New hearing notices will be mailed by the Court.
- All Jury Trials currently calendared are continued to a trial term after April 24, 2020.
- The Court will continue to hear in custody cases as necessary to preserve defendants’ constitutional rights.
For complete details, please read the Monroe Municipal Court Administrative Order in the matter of Emergency Response to COVID-19 and Threat to Public Health (PDF).
Pursuant to the authority given this Court through Washington State Supreme Court Order No. 25700-B-602 and GR29, this Emergency Order is effective March 16, 2020 and shall remain in effect unless renewed, modified, or rescinded by the Monroe Municipal Court Judge. Please read the complete Administrative Order for scheduling details of traffic infraction hearings and criminal hearings.