Housing, Utilities, and Food Support

Need help? The City, County, State, and a network of nonprofits provide services and support for people who are struggling. Below we have listed resources for finding help.

Utility Payment Arrangements

If you are having trouble paying your water, sewer, and stormwater utility bills, please contact the City of Monroe to make payment arrangements. Call this number and leave a message: (360) 794-7400. Our staff will get back to you. For support with other utility bills please contact 2-1-1 Washington.









2-1-1 Washington

2-1-1 Washington is a free confidential community service and a one-stop connection to the help you need, including:

  • Food
  • Housing
  • Rent and mortgage assistance
  • Utility assistance
  • Health care
  • Childcare and after school programs
  • Elder care
  • Crisis intervention
  • And much more

How 2-1-1 Works
Dial 2-1-1 from anywhere in Washington State and you will reach an information and referral specialist who will assess your needs and provide a list of referrals to available resources in your community. TTY for the deaf and hard of hearing and interpreter services are also available in 140+ languages. You can also search for assistance and resources using the 2-1-1 website.