The temporary utility bill payment drop box is now located at 769 Village Way.
During a National Weather Service heat-related alert, you may request reinstatement of service by calling 360-794-7400 during the period covered by the alert.
City Hall will has been temporarily relocated while the Administrative Wing of the Municipal Campus is being remodeled. Utility Billing is located at 14841 179th Ave. SE, Suite 320 Monroe, WA 98272. Learn more about the remodel and relocation of staff on the project webpage.
Do you need help paying your utility bill? The following organizations may be able to help:
- Salvation Army 425-259-8129
- Sky Valley Food Bank 360-794-7959
- St. Vincent DePaul 425-355-3504
- Take the Next Step 360-794-1022
- Volunteers of America 360-793-2400
- Cascade Community Church: 206-486-2681
- Volunteers of America: 360-793-2400
- New Hope Fellowship: 360-618-2310
- Snohomish County Low Income Water Assistance Program: Hours for client interviews are Monday thru Thursday from 9:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. & 1 to 3:30 P.M at 425-388-3880. Or apply online: Energy Assistance | Snohomish County, WA - Official Website (snohomishcountywa.gov).
- Resources from Local Service Providers (PDF)
- City of Monroe COVID-19 Response and Resources
- COVID-19 Utility Customer Support Program Guidance
RESIDENTIAL WATER, SEWER, & STORM WATER RATES:
Residential Monthly Water Utility Base Rate (Per 3/4 " Meter), up to 400 cubic feet (CF):
In City $27.25 / Outside City $40.88
Water Consumption Charge for Each 100 CF over 400: In City $7.76 / Outside City $11.64
Residential Monthly Sewer Utility Flat Rates:
In City $92.15 / Outside City $138.23
Residential Monthly Storm Water Utility Flat Rate:
In City only: $19.22
Late Fee: 10%, $5 minimum
Return Check Fee: $30.00
Water Shut-Off Processing Fee: $75.00
Set-up Admin. Fee (One-time): $15.00
Garbage service is mandatory within City Limits and is provided by Republic Services. You can contact them at 1-800-942-5965.
Check out the 2022 Utility Rate Comparison (PDF) if you are curious how the City of Monroe’s water and sewer rates compare.