Snohomish County Sheriff and Police Chiefs Association (SCSPCA) Community Statement Regarding George Floyd (PDF).
Stay Home, Stay Healthy
On March 30th, the Governor re-emphasized the need to continue to be vigilant with the measures that have been put in place to protect Washingtonians through the “Stay At Home, Stay Healthy” order. Additional resources have been put in place for directing complaints about businesses and crowds in violation of this order.
Shop With A Cop
Monroe Police Department
National Night Out - Officer Tucker & K9 Sam
MPD Honor Guard
Walk Your Child to School
Fair Days Parade
Coffee With a Cop
The RCW says: An Individual, group or business disobeying the Governor’s Executive order is a violation of RCW 43.06.220(5) (“Any person willfully violating any provision of an order issued by the governor under this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor”.) The crime is only committed if the individual, group or business has knowledge of the specific restriction.
The City of Monroe, including the police department, will continue to communicate and educate residents on how to keep our Community safe. If there are concerns that citizens would like to bring forward, the state has provided a website at www.coronavirus.wa.gov that educates on essential businesses and provides a form to voice a concern that is then directed to the City that may require further contacts with those businesses.
It is important that 911 calls to our dispatch center are for emergencies requiring police / fire assistance. If there is a concern about individuals/groups that have gathered, you may call the non-emergency dispatch number at 425-407-3999.
The safety of our Community is the number one priority. We remain strong and ready to respond to the calls for service. Thank you for your cooperation, understanding and support as we continue “Partnering for a Strong Community”.
City Facilities - In order to increase employee safety the Mayor is closing public access to city facilities starting March 23, until further notice.
Effective immediately, the police department will be suspending the following public services:
- Civilian Ride-Alongs
- All fingerprinting services
- Concealed Pistol Licenses - 1st time applications
- Renewals can be submitted through the mail. Please mail your completed application (PDF), a copy of your driver’s license, and a check for payment to the Monroe Police Department, 818 W. Main St, Monroe, WA 98272. The fee is $32 for renewal, $42 for late renewal, and $3.75 extra for lamination.
- Public tours of our facilities
- MPD sponsored community outreach events and gatherings
- Animal licenses
We are asking all citizens who need to make payments to the police, city or municipal court to please make them by mail or over the phone. The fees for online payments during this time are being waived.
In accordance with Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 20-28.4 regarding Public Disclosure Requests:
- All in-person records request submission/records inspection/copying of records has been suspended through July 1, 2020.
- Electronic production of records is strongly encouraged; and staff will work with requestors accordingly.
- Payment for fees related to records requests can be made by check or money order either by mail or drop box at Monroe City Hall. If requestors do not have the ability to pay by check/money order, please contact Police Records (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 360-794-6300) to make arrangements for payment by credit card.
For information or other business needs, please contact via telephone at 360-794-6300 during business hours, Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm.
For police or medical emergencies, please continue to call 9-1-1. If you need to make a non-emergency police report or to speak to an officer, please call 425-407-3999.
The Monroe Police Department is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in providing professional law enforcement services.
Employees of the Monroe Police Department are committed to the principles of duty, integrity, compassion, and professional growth; recognizing the value of the tenets of: